I am Speaking at the Conference
Welcome Speakers to the 2018 SouthWest Agricultural Conference!
The Southwest Agricultural Conference (SWAC) is one of Ontario's premier agricultural educational conferences. The conference began over 75 years ago as "Farmers Week" providing producers in Southwestern Ontario with educational information. As our target audience grew the conference evolved into the current two-day format we know today.
The conference attracts expert agricultural industry speakers and researchers from across North America. Internationally respected agricultural leaders address topics ranging from field crop management to farm profitability. Leading local producers share their on-farm experience and expertise at the conference with producer panels on practical operation innovations.
Important Dates for Speakers
||Receive speaker information package including copy of conference program
||Speaker Confirmation Forms Due
||Conference Workbook Summaries and Accommodation Booking Deadlines
|Jan. 3 & 4
||Speaker Expenses Due
Important Notes for Speakers
- Complimentary Conference Registration is included as part of your speaker package
- Complimentary accommodations are provided at the Chatham Comfort Inn to speakers that fall into the following speaker categories:
- Farmer/Producer, Out of Province University/College/Extension, U.S. University/College/Extension. Please note that this hotel is approximately 30 minutes from Ridgetown Campus.
- All speakers are invited to attend the complimentary speaker dinners on the evenings before each of the conference days. More detailed information about the dinner locations, times, etc. will be sent out closer to the conference date.
- Speaker check-in/registration will be held in the Alumni Lounge, located in the lower level of the Agronomy Building at Ridgetown Campus.
- This room will act as the speaker lounge during the entire conference and you are free to store your equipment, find space to work, network with other speakers, and enjoy a comfortable chair as well as all day coffee and refreshments. For those selecting the “Box Lunch” option, this will be the pickup location for that as well. The Alumni Lounge is reserved for speakers, chair people and media only so please treat this as your own space during your time at the conference. Conference staff will also be on hand in the Lounge to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Sessions are held concurrently and all sessions are 50 minutes in length. We ask that your presentation be 40 minutes in length to allow for a 10 minute Q & A at the end.
- Each conference session/room will have a Chairperson assigned to welcome the attendees, introduce the speaker and make any housekeeping announcements. He/She will also moderate the question and answer portion at the end of the session.
- Speakers are required to bring a copy of their presentation on a flash drive as a backup
Getting to the Conference
Ridgetown Campus is located 6km south of Hwy. 401 at 120 Main Street East, Ridgetown, Ontario
Driving from the East: Take 401 West to Victoria Road/Chatham-Kent County Road 17 (Victoria Road). Take exit 109 from 401 West. Turn left onto Victoria Road/Chatham-Kent County Road 17. Continue to follow Chatham-Kent County Road 17 into Ridgetown. The campus will be on your right just past Tim Horton's and the East Kent Arena.
Driving from the West: Take 401 East to Victoria Road/Chatham-Kent County Road 17 (Victoria Road). Take exit 109 from 401 East. Turn right onto Victoria Road/Chatham-Kent County Road 17. Continue to follow Chatham-Kent County Road 17 into Ridgetown. The campus will be on your right just past Tim Horton's and the East Kent Arena.